"What I learned in this session has changed the way I communicate.Now I can say what I really think ... and feel good about it".Member, Clinic Managers of British Columbia
DURATION: 60 minutes, half-day, full day (or multi-day online program). Content is modified to accommodate client time requirements.
DESCRIPTION: Do you remember a time when you wish you had spoken up? Maybe you had a great idea, but no one in the boardroom heard it. Or worse yet, someone else blurted out what you wanted to say and got all the credit. Have you ever been so upset about something that you just couldn't find the words to productively express yourself, so you either exploded in anger or burst into tears? Maybe you walked away in avoidance, resignation or frustration? On that very day, you wanted to have your say, to share your expertise, to stand your ground and be heard; you just didn't know how. With the "IDEAL Say It System", you'll know when and how to speak up or walk away, and do it all without regret. You'll be equipped to influence the decision-makers in your life.
Do you ...
* sit in meetings and keep it all inside until you explode?
* want to kick yourself for saying too much?* meet with clients and shudder at the thought of sharing your concerns?
* struggle with knowing when to say something or remain silent?
* live in a constant state of regret and uncertainty about what you said or didn't say?
With Marion's "IDEAL Say It System™", you'll ..."The feedback afterwards was overwhelmingly positive... our employees are still talking about what they learned and applying key principles in their day-to-day communications... well worth the investment ... excellent session and one which I highly recommend!"
Vice-President, Tiree Workplace Facility Solutions (Ottawa, ON)
- - Identify your triggers (what pushes your buttons?)
- - Describe your default response (discover your personality strengths and patterns)
- - Explore the options (Marion's "S.U.S.A. Decision Model™ will show you how)
- - Assert or accept (know exactly what to say and never be tongue-tied again)
- - Let go to move forward (6 salient questions that let you release the guilt and regret that tether you down)
- - Decisively determine if it's best to speak up or step down
- - Influence decision-makers (get your expertise heard)
- - Position yourself as a leader
- - Be active in meetings when it makes the most sense
- - Get noticed by clients, peers, and your industry
- - Present your contrary viewpoint and feedback, respectfully
- - Decrease stress, frustration and regret in what you said or didn't say
- - Foster honest and authentic relationships with clients, colleagues, bosses and employees
- BONUS: the skills and techniques you gain will be useful in your personal life too!